Our First Essies!



Hey guys!

It's the first day of 2018 and we wanted to celebrate by sharing our first Essies and the stories behind them!

Jenn (@nailsbyjenntendo64) - Mink Muffs

When I first started doing my own nails, I was really frustrated at how bad I was at doing it! This may have just been because I lacked a good base and top coat in the early days or that the bottle of polish I used had a bad formula. I remember painting my nails, having it smudged as hell, and angrily wiping it all off and claiming I would never be able to do it on my own. But, after getting some good products (Essie base and top coat) I started getting Essie after Essie color. My first shades were Mink Muffs, followed by Tart Deco and Fashion Playground. I don't know what exactly drew me to Essie, but the fun names and amazing range of colors has kept me coming back. 4+ years later, I own over 200 shades and I started my nail account mainly to keep track of what I was wearing and found this whole community of nail polish aficionados!

I was attracted to Mink Muffs because of its subtle mauve tones in the brown shade and how beautiful yet neutral it is.


Emily (@essieemily) - Sunday Funday

I purchased my first Essie in 2013 from my local Boots shop. I was immediately drawn to the bright colours and white caps! Sunday Funday caught my eye because it was summer at the time and I wanted a fun coral colour. It has been one of my favourite summer polishes since then! I remember being so excited that Essie had come to the UK because I had always seen it whenever I went to Florida on holiday. I’ve been addicted ever since!


Cynthia (@nailsbycynthiarose) - St. Lucia Lilac

My first Essie was St. Lucia Lilac. When I was in high school, there was a lovely woman at a salon in my hometown who gave me some tips on how to paint my nails. Her salon offered Essie and I was immediately drawn to their polishes. She sold me some tools for doing my own manicures at cost and also offered me a bottle of my favorite nail polish. Purple was (and still is!) my favorite color, so I of course chose St. Lucia Lilac, a gorgeous shade of lavender.


Rachel (@essieyall) - Sew Psyched

The first Essie I purchased was ‘Sew Psyched.’ This creamy sage color caught my eye because I had never seen anything quite like it. As a kid, I loved painting my nails. Some of my earliest memories of Christmas include painting my nails with my mom and aunts. I was always drawn to bright colors then, such as lime green, vibrant oranges, or royal blues. So when I came across ‘Sew Psyched,’ I had to have it! It caught my eye because it was different - a deep, sage green - but so much more rich and sophisticated than the lime greens from my childhood. ‘Sew Psyched’ has a smooth, creamy formula that is an absolute dream. I was so happy with this polish that when I acquired Essie’s ‘Fishnet Stockings,’ I was again impressed with the brand. We always had other brands of polish at home, but with these two polishes I was an Obsessie. ‘Tart Deco’ and ‘Turquoise & Caicos’ soon followed after seeing swatches on Instagram. ‘Sew Psyched’ was the first of my Essie stash, so it has a very special place in my heart!




Thanks for reading! Let us know in the comments what your first Essie was, we'd love to hear from you!


Comments

  1. I got hooked on all the cute collection mini sets. I still try to find them but they are not being distributed as widely anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so adorable! Those miniature bottles are the cutest.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get to Know Us!

Our New Year's Resolutions!